- The one fly in our New Year's Eve ointment was my sister Marla being admitted to the hospital with a post-surgical infection. It took the doctors nearly a week to get everything under control and she just went home today, having not been in her own home since last year (technically). It was a frustrating setback after everything had gone so well with her surgery, but it's not uncommon and she faced it like she does everything, with a kick-ass attitude and her usual brave heart. She was finally discharged today and, hopefully, is home in her own bed, snuggling her cats. It was a shitty start to 2015 for her, but I can't help but think that this will be here year now that this little bit of bullshit is out of the way.
- We spent a few days in the Poconos (Pete's parents own a house). Our intention was to get PJ on skis for the first time (or rather, Pete would get PJ on skis while I took pictures and bitched about how cold I was), but the weather did not cooperate and ski conditions were less than ideal, so we settled for relaxing at the house and taking PJ sledding after we got some afternoon snow. As you can see, he clearly hated it. We are hoping to sneak back one more time before the winter ends so the Boys can ski, but in the meantime, PJ had a blast on his Daddy's old sled.
- Of course, with the New Year comes the hope that the calendar switch will magically make me a better person. I think at this point I have learned enough to know that there is a snowballs chance in hell of that working out, so instead, I resolve to continue to do the things I actually managed to do right in 2014 and keep them going for 2015. Hopefully, keeping the good stuff going will help the new stuff potentially evolve without all of that resolution pressure.
- One thing I do resolve to do is keep the "Now Reading" link up to date. You can click on it right now to see what I have been reading the past few days. I have a stack of books that are coming up after and I can't wait to share them with you! Also, these are not affiliate links- I would be sure to disclose if they were and will if that ever changes! For now, it's just a link to the Amazon listing for what I'm reading!
- Lastly, if you are of the blogging type, why don't you link up with Time for Mom this week? It's a weekly blog hop, held every Tuesday, that welcomes moms of all kinds to share their stories! Each week, a few blogs are chosen to be spotlighted, and this year we will have a few more fun things to offer!
Welcome to Time for Mom!
Welcome and Happy New Year! We hope everyone had a great holiday and you feel relaxed and energized! If you're new to Time for Mom here is a little about our link up:
Each week the co-hosts pick 4 bloggers to feature from the week before! So be sure to check back next week to see if your post was picked as one of our features!
Please add our button to your page to help spread the word about Time for Mom!
Thanks for linking up! By linking up with us you are opting in to our weekly email reminder for this hop and giving us permission to use an image from your blog if chosen for our weekly featured posts. We will always link back to your post when we use your image when we feature you!
Be sure to say "hi" if it's your first time linking up!