Things That Won The Internet
As a certified insomniac, I spend a lot of time surfing the Internets. It's a drug, and I'm addicted. The Internet is good for looking up all kind of amazing information, but sometimes, I just like to troll for the funny stuff. With just a few more days left in 2014, I thought I would share this list of some of my favorite fruits from the internet tree!
|"Fuck Eagles."- This baby.|
1. 39 Renaissance Babies Who Just Can't Even: A creepy compilation of Renaissance renderings of babies that will give you nightmares. I could not stop looking at it! The captions has me in hysterics- "Staaaaaaaaaahp!" Buzzfeed is one of my favorite internet stops and this one was a winner for me! I still look it over and crack up! I know it was a brilliant artistic period and all, but, really. What is the hell was wrong with the artists of the Renaissance? And why was there always so much baby penis involved?
2. Weird Things All Couples Fight About: I am seriously afraid that Buzzfeed has bugged our apartment because, holy crap. It's frightening how similar this is to every conversation I have with my husband.
3. First Moon Party: Hello, Flo is a company that puts together goodies boxes of feminine care products and will mail a customized kit to your home to coincide with your "ladies days". I thought this commercial was absolutely hilarious and so creative that I seriously considered applying for a job with Hello, Flo! I mean it. I want to work for them. Ahem...
4. Brian Williams Raps "Rappers Delight": Oh, Jimmy Fallon, you little minx. You took the hottest man in the news world and mixed him with classic rap. Brillz. Plus, he tossed in a duet with Lester Holt, who I also find wildly attractive (don't judge.). Honorable mention goes to any time Brian William's Slow Jams the News.
5. Cheap Wine Reviewed By An Irish Brewmaster: Buzzfeed wins again with this hilarious wine review conducted by a prominent brewmaster from Minnesota. This dude is hilarious and so cute, I kind of want to meet him for coffee and chat about things. The sidebar in the video is a riot, too!
6. The Lie and The Truth About Marriage: This is the only serious piece to make this list, but I wanted to include it because it meant so much to me. Glennon Melton, of the blog Momastery and the NYT Best-Seller Carry on, Warrior, wrote this essay about the truth about love and marriage. With the scars of my separation from Pete still raw and healing, this was a plainly-worded eye-opener. The wedding is not the finish line we think it is but, rather, just the starting line of a hard race, and to compete at that level, you need to be willing to work. Very few things in this world just happen without any attention or nurturing or care, and being in love is one of those things.
7. If Google Was A Guy Vol. 1, 2, and 3: This one is, by far, my favorite this year! The whole series is hysterical and worth watching. The third video is my favorite and has be often quoted in my house- generally, when we see something on Facebook that just is not true. This was funny and very clever! It kind of makes me wonder what it would be like to be the portal for so many different questions.