By last Thursday I was, pretty much, at the end of my rope, and kept thinking about Sunday as something I had to make it to.
"Holy crap. Okay, I just need to make it to Sunday. It will be a brand-new week..."
So, here we are on Sunday and it's been (thus far) just what we needed- a quiet day where I can catch up on a few things around the house, watch the Olympics, and play with PJ. PJ, who thankfully, is napping! I know that sounds mean, but seriously. Dude needed a nap.
As it turns out, today is not just any Sunday, but the last Sunday of July in 2012. I have no idea how that happened. This year has been going by so fast that I find myself breathless. In two days, it will be August, one year since we first made the phone call to Early Intervention and started this new journey with our son. One year down.
At any rate, this week will, with luck, be less hectic, but there is still quite a number of things to check off of my to-do list, which is as follows:
- Get our place back into shape after a week of letting it go! Thankfully, it's not as bad as it could be, thanks to my new-found skills at homemaking, but there's laundry to be folded, dishes to be done, and surfaces that aren't PJ's butt to be wiped.
- Call the genetics department and see if PJ's results are in yet. Since it's been fifteen freakin' weeks and all.
- Duct-tape my head back together if it explodes due to results not being in yet.
- Get cracking on the paperwork for the school district (sob!).
- Go on a date with Pete. Just Pete. The kind where we get PJ a babysitter. Seriously. This is happening.
- Overdose on the Olympics. If it's an event, I'll watch it. Skeet shooting? Bring it.
- Enjoy our usual array of therapy, play dates, swim lessons, pool trips, ice cream, family time, fudging-on-bedtime-because-we're-having-fun summer things.