"I wake up in the morning, I got to sleep at night, but a day without snack time? That just isn't right!"
1. Watch out for flailing baby hands because if one of those flying fists of death happens to get a grip on your milky bits, it will bring tears to your eyes!
2. You need to "gather" before the baby latches on- make sure the remote, your phone, a drink, whatever you may need to keep yourself afloat as you feed your little one are by your side, because once the feed has begun you're in your seat for a bit! Unless your husband/SO is around, then you can boss them about to bring you this, that, and the other!
3. The more things you can do one-handed (eat, read, play Wii, etc...) the better!
4. Don't be insulted if your child is nursing and still prefers to stare at his father, even though you carried him for nine months, create food for him with your own body, have a road map of stretch marks across your thighs due to the rapid expanse of your body due to pregnancy, and, last but not least, has your boob in his mouth!!!
5. You might depend on your DVR'ed episodes of "Glee" to keep your sanity when your baby goes through that "feeding frenzy" phase and wants to nurse every. single. second.
6. Nursing might not be for everyone, but if you can do it, it's some of the sweetest, most intimate, most wonderful time you can spend with your baby!!