Skip to main content

"Won't it be odd, to be happy like we always thought we're supposed to feel..."

I woke up this morning with the sun in the sky (thanks to daylight savings!) and a song in my heart- I was determined to make the dreaded Monday a good day!

It started off well- I got my little chickens off to school without a hitch, went to the gym, came back for a shower and then headed out to pick Anna up from school.

And then it happened.

My mom called to let me know that Mom-Mom had been having chest pains that morning and was taken to the hospital. By the time my mom called, Mom-Mom was much more comfortable and not in any pain, so it was a little less weight on my heart. But I know that with her previous diagnosis, this might be something that occurs with more and more regularity. The thought of her having pain on a continual basis...well, it's alot to think about. That said, when I spoke to her tonight, she was mad about having to stay overnight and no doubt torturing Margaret, her amazing caretaker!

It was hard getting through work, which in and of itself was pleasant enough! Anna and I enjoyed the weather by taking Emily the dog to the playground! But alas, Weight Watchers bladder set in and after about 40 minutes, I had to pee so badly I could feel it bubbling in my ears. So we headed home, picked up Ellie from the bus stop, and made a big blanket tent in the living room! SO FUN! I felt like I was 5 years old again! The girls even got showered and into jammies to they could eat dinner in the tent! It was such a blast introducing the girls to something that was such a big part of my childhood! Anna actually said "Breezy. You come up with the best ideas! EVER!" How funny is that?

Oh my. I am getting tired, so the rest of this may not make sense. Anyway, on my way home from work- in fact, no more then a few blocks from home- Pete called and asked if I could take my mother in law to the hospital to meet my father in law. He had been feeling some fairly severe chest pains a few nights ago, and still not feeling just right today, decided to go to the ER. Now, Pete's family doesn't have the luxury of having had many extensive medical experiences like my family. So everyone was pretty upset. I drove my mother in law over to the hospital, and they are keeping my father in law overnight while they figure out exactly what is going on.

And there we have it folks- family members on both sides in the hospital for potential heart issues. So, keep them in your prayers and hearts and hope for the best for everyone!

Oh,and for once, I'm just going to ask- pray for me too! I am starting to feel my hold on sanity slipping away!

(And tomorrow, I will talk more about the new toy I won on eBay that arrived today!)



praying praying praying :)
Shelly said…
always praying friend!

Popular posts from this blog

My LTYM Experience or How I Accidentally Ended Up On A Stage

The final chapter of my participation in the Listen To Your Mother Show ended with our live performances. I turned 39 on May 3rd and on May 7th, I was on a stage at the beautiful South Orange Performing Arts Center with 12 other souls  (as well as our incredible producers, Sandy, Brooke and Deborah) that handily out-shined the beauty of the space. It all still feels as if it may have been a dream. A very gratifying, emotional dream.

It ended the same way it began, with my worrying about clothes. Before our first rehearsal, I was stressing out knowing that the next morning, I would be meeting a room full of strangers. Not only that, I would be taking a cast picture with these strangers and reading a story of the worst moments of my life. It seemed like too much to be vulnerable about my story and about my precarious self-esteem at the same time.

Despite all of that, I got into my car on a Saturday morning, armed with coffee and the soundtrack to "Hamilton." Clad in the pink a…

Maybe I'm An A-Hole, But I'll Pass On The Pity Date

Do not hate me for this one, guys.

It would seem that "Prom-posals" are the new thing. It's when one teen asks another to prom, but makes it an event. Balloon bouquets, flash-mobs, celeb cameos, flower arrangements- some of these put my actual marriage proposal to shame, much less my awkward heywannagotoprom conversation I had with the guy I was dating my senior year.

It just occurred to me that I should dig up one of my prom pictures. {shudder}

Anyway, back to proms. These extravagant invites have become the stuff of YouTube videos everywhere and, even thought I think the way these have become over-the-top is kind of insane, I'm totally along for the ride. Roses in math class? A flock of minstrels from the glee club to serenade a prom hopeful? I will watch the shit out of that. I think the romanticism is sweet.

At some point, I start to think about PJ as a prom-goer. Right now, while he's in kindergarten, it's hard to know if that's in the cards for him.…

There's still much to learn, so many dreams to earn...

{ of consciousness}

Today is April 2nd, World Autism Awareness Day, and it is Autism Awareness Month.

The month begins on the heels of news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that Autism is on the rise. 1 in 68 children in the areas followed by the CDC are identified as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder, up from 1 in 88 just a few years ago. In New Jersey, the numbers are far higher then the national average at 1 in 45. 

You can view a summary of the latest CDC report here, but there are two points of the report that stood out to me:
Less than half (44%) of children identified with ASD were evaluated for developmental concerns by the time they were 3 years old.Most children identified with ASD were not diagnosed until after age 4, even though children can be diagnosed as early as age 2.Content source: National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities
PJ was diagnosed with Autism shortly after his second birthday. Pete and I had already utilized an e…